The Health Policy Committee is responsible for assisting in the fulfillment of these specific purposes of the California Nurse-Midwives Association (CNMA):
1. Represent the membership regarding issues impacting the practice of midwifery in the state of California in accordance with the bylaws and policy guidelines of the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
2. Promote the health and well-being of women and families in the state of California by furthering the profession of midwifery.
3. Establish a mechanism for cooperation with other groups and organizations in promoting the health and well-being of California families.
4. Achieve legislation and regulation that is favorable to midwifery practice.
5. Support and foster appropriate professional licensure regulations and legislation related to midwifery and women’s health issues in California.