Sat, Sep 26|
2020 CNMA Virtual Annual Meeting
Our CNMA Annual Meeting will be held virtually this year and offered for free. Please consider donating to CNMA in lieu of a registration fee to help support our legislative efforts.
Time & Location
Sep 26, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
About The Event
We look forward to celebrating the passage of SB1237, and doing a deep dive into what the Justice and Equity in Maternity Care Act will mean for midwives in California. We will also be offering an educational component, complete with 1 CEU. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Introduction of new Board members
- Thank outgoing Board members
- Recap SB 1237: !!Celebration and Next Steps!!
- Policy Goals for Upcoming year
- National Government Affairs Committee Report
- Financial Report
- Foundation Report
- Education piece, Ana Delgado, MS, CNM: Adopting an Equity Lens for Your Midwifery Practice: Developing Leadership in Racial Justice
Adopting an Equity Lens for Your Midwifery Practice:
Developing Leadership in Racial Justice
Speaker: Ana Delgado, MS, CNM
CNMA Vice Chair of the Reproductive Justice and Antiracism Committee
Co-Director for Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, UCSF OBGYN Division
Discussion Panel Members:
Jyesha Wren, CNM
CNMA Chair of the Reproductive Justice and AntiRacism Committee
CNMA Board of Directors Member
Full-Scope Midwife for Alameda Health System
Co-Founder and Program Coordinator of BElovedBIRTH Black Centering
Co-developer of EmBraceHer Childbirth Education
“Volunteer Clinical Faculty”, UCSF
Shaughanassee Vines, DNP, CNM
CNMA Reproductive Justice and AntiRacism Committee Member
Assistant Professor at Frontier Nursing University
Researcher, UCSD THRIVE Study
Founder of Coceaux HealthTM
Janelle Palacios, PhD, CNM (Salish/Kootenai)
Co-Chair of the Native Research Network
HRSA Co-Chair of the Health Equity Workgroup
Midwife Attending, Kaiser-Oakland
- List three reasons why every midwifery and/or OB-GYN practice should be paying attention to health equity
- Describe steps an individual midwife can take to begin a health equity effort within his/her practice.
- List three common pitfalls an individual midwife can make when beginning a health equity effort in their workplace.
- Identify three resources for further information for self and organizational study on the topic of health equity